Hold Your Next Event at The Melton Center!
The Charles A Melton Arts & Education Center has some of the most unique & diverse rental spaces in West Chester, PA, all available to host a multitude of different events. From the grandeur of the historical, Dr. Leslie Pinckney Hill Theater to the AAU rated Gymnasium, we’re sure you’ll find the space you need to make your event come to life.
For small, intimate gatherings to well over 300 guests, we are here to help make your visions a reality comfortably and affordably. There is free on-premise parking as well as additional street parking available. Tables & chairs are available for your use and we can help you plan your event layout using either our round tables that seat 8 or our square tables that seat 6.
- Deposit due at the time of booking to reserve the date.
- Payment is due in full, two weeks prior to the event.
- Additional security deposit is due with payment and will be returned within 30 days after the event if the room has been returned to the original condition.
- All events must be over by 11:00 PM as per local noise ordinance.
- Alcohol Requirements
- $1,000,000.00 Liquor Liability required
- PA State licensed bartender required with T.I.P certification
- The bar must close an hour before the event ends.
- Serving Requirements
- Licensed/Certified Caterer is required (no use of Melton Center kitchen)
- Filet of Soul Catering is our preferred caterer, outside caterers are not authorized to use the Melton Center kitchen
- Please refer to the Chester County Health Department for COVID rules for events and gatherings.
- Security deposit is required on all rentals.
Dr. Leslie Pinckney Hill Theater
80 (normal theater-style seating),
50 (seating 4-6 people/table)
Rental Fee: $125 per hour
Security Deposit: $125
Funeral Repast (Max, 3 hours)
Capacity: see above
Rental Fee: $85 per hour
Security Deposit: $85
The Dr. Leslie Pinckney Hill Theater has been in operation since the opening of the Melton Center in 1934. Featuring hard-wood flooring throughout, the theater has a curtained, raised stage, audio-video facilities & light & sound for your speaker events. It is the ideal spot to host a play, concert, fitness class or your company event.
The theater floor boasts 2,240 square feet (40′ x 56′) of space while the stage itself has 300 square feet (25′ x 12′ & 22′ wide at the proscenium). The stage is accessible from the front & rear. Available equipment: 2 wireless microphones, large screen and projector, Yamaha speakers, and power mixer.
The Melton Center Gymnasium
Rental Fee: $90 fee
Security Deposit: $90
Rental Fee: $350 per hour
Security Deposit: $350
The Melton Center is very proud of its showcase AAU regulation-sized gymnasium. With a cavernous 8,217 square feet (100′ x 84′) of usable space & high, vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors, and light, airy space, it is the perfect spot for various community activities. The gym boasts a wall-to-wall mural by the world re-known artist, Dane Tilghman.
It has also been utilized for fairs, expos, fashion shows and other community activities that require large, open indoor space. Fitness classes (dance, exercise, etc) and instructional activities (Art classes love our light!) can all find the perfect home in our gymnasium that is perfectly suited to larger groups of people.
The Melton Center Gymnasium
Outdoor Basketball Courts & Sports Field
The Melton Center has 2 side-by-side outdoor basketball courts available for league play or tournaments as well as a full-sized sports field that’s perfect for soccer practice or games.
Rental Fee: $25 fee
Security Deposit: $25
Melton Center Conference Room
The Melton Center has 2 side-by-side outdoor basketball courts available for league play or tournaments as well as a full-sized sports field that’s perfect for soccer practice or games.The Melton Center Conference Room has 210 square feet (17.5′ x 12′) of space & provides seating for 8 to 10 people in a comfortable, air-conditioned environment & features the following amenities:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Large conference table
- Plush, comfortable chairs
- Catering services for business lunches/dinners
Rental Fee: $35 fee
Security Deposit: $35
Please note: due to COVID, we have limited spaces for rentals, and our calendar fills up fast. To best serve you, please include as much information as possible in the rental form (including if you are hosting a one-day or ongoing event). Thanks for your cooperation.