In honor of the 2021 MLK Day of Service, the Charles A. Melton Center invites community members to support students in our New Directions Program.
New Directions is an afterschool academic and social-emotional skill building program that provides tutoring, mentoring, and enrichment for K-8 students from low-income backgrounds in West Chester, PA. Our mission is to close the opportunity gap and to give students a place to develop leadership skills to make a difference in their community.
Contribute Supplies–Contactless Donation Drop-off
- Donate healthy snacks in single-serve packages (i.e. granola bars, pretzels, whole grain crackers, fruit cups, raisins).
- Donate engaging, diverse, and culturally relevant books.
- We are offering Contactless Donation Drop-off on Monday, January 18, from 1–3pm. 501 E. Miner St West Chester, PA. Please pull into the parking parking lot through the Market St. entrance. We will collect donations from your vehicle.
Contribute Your Time–Become a volunteer!
- New Directions welcomes qualified tutors to support our students in all subject areas.
- We also invite community members to share about your profession, leadership experience, or commitment to social justice as a “Community Leader Reader,” guest speaker, or student mentor.
We are in need of financial donations that will be used to make our safe, social-distanced, afterschool and summer programming possible. Donate here.