Are You Dedicated, Hardworking, And Fun? Join Us!
The Melton Center’s vision is of a just and equitable community in which all citizens, regardless of race or economic status, can flourish physically, mentally, and socially. The Melton Center offers comprehensive and collaborative programs to achieve this vision with an emphasis on the “cura personalis” – care of the whole person; “cura familia tota” – care of the whole family; and “cura onmis civitas” – care of the whole community.
Our guiding principle was, is, and always will be the same – promote understanding and cooperation between all people. The Melton Center is the center for personal, professional, cultural, and spiritual growth for the entire community. Ownership and pride have been the fuel that has kept the fire burning at “The Center” for decades. Our work now has the goal of instilling those values into a new generation.
The Melton Center Education Manager is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of the organizations after school and summer programs for youth in Grades K-8. The goal of this position is to provide healthy, safe, and effective out-of-school time programs that help students develop positive academic and social-emotional skills.
Student Support Specialist
At the present time, vacanices exists for Student Support Specialist positions within the 21st Century Community Learning Center Program, Student Services Division of the CCIU. The Student Support Specialist position will be providing academic support for students (grades K – 5), including English Language Learners, in West Chester Area School District.
At the CCIU, we pride ourselves on the creativity, dedication, and collaborative spirit that our employees bring to their work every day, and we know that achieving success takes a team approach! We strive to hire exceptional, diverse, and passionate individuals that help us achieve our vision of acting as educational leaders who contribute to a better Chester County and beyond. If you are looking for an exciting, challenging opportunity to grow your career, don’t wait – apply today to make Team CCIU even stronger tomorrow!
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferred
- Experience working with bilingual/bicultural students, preferred
- Experience working with the applicable age group, preferred
- Must have Act 33 and 34 clearances and federal criminal history background check (available through CCIU upon hire)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement after-school supplemental educational programs for students
- Communicate regularly with participating students’ parents, teachers, guidance counselors and administrators, as necessary
- Assist with facilitation of the involvement of parents in the education of their children and in the dissemination of information, using translation/interpretation services, as needed
- Plan and implement parent involvement activities within the 21st Century Community Learning Center program
- Communicate regularly with community agencies and social services that serve our participating families to keep them informed of the 21st CCLC program activities and to identify what services are offered
- Educate and refer participating families to community agencies, social services and schools to expand the supports offered to them