Like many of us, Maria and Elizabeth wanted a way to serve others during the pandemic.
Despite snow, heat, rain, and sleet, these volunteers are out every week, delivering food from the West Chester Food Cupboard and Oscar Lasko YMCA to East End residents. This dynamic duo has delivered thousands of pounds of food to Union Court, Locust Court Apartments, Apartments of Modern Living, Church Street Housing, and Denny Reyburn Apartments residents.
Because of this volunteer-led initiative, over 500 households never had to worry about feeding their families. Thank you, Maria and Liz for your fantastic work! We’d also like to thank the St. Paul’s Men’s Ministry for helping organize and pack groceries for our clients.
Baptist Church of West Chester: 221 S High St, West Chester, PA 19382. Free breakfast on Saturdays from 6:00 am – 9:00 am and on the second & fourth Sunday at 11:00 am. Open to the public. 610-696-7466
- Church of Holy Trinity: Friday Night Supper: Every Friday 4:00 – 6:00 pm. 212 S High St. 610-389-4505
- Cornerstone Christian Fellowship: Free dinners on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. 426 W Gay St. 484-358-4983
- Meals on Wheels Agency: Deliveries available Monday – Friday to elderly and homebound individuals. 404 Willowbrook Ln. 610-430-8500
- Oscar Lasko YMCA: The Y has partnered with the Chester County Food Bank and the United Way of Chester County, to collect and distribute food to the community on Fridays from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. For donations and pick-up, you will need to pull up on Chestnut Street park in one of the meter spots near the front door and honk your horn.
- Safe Harbor: Community Lunch is served Monday – Saturday 11:30-12:30 and on Sunday’s November-March same time. 20 N Matlack St. 610-696-9016
- St. Agnes Day Room: Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 9:00 – 10:00am. Lunch: Monday – Friday: Noon – 1:30pm 233 W Gay St. 610-429-0697
- Salvation Army Community Meals: Monday – Thursday: Breakfast 7:00 am | Dinner 5:00 pm — Saturday Dinner 5:00 pm (except 2nd Saturday) Sunday Lunch 1:00 pm — Sunday Dinner 5:00 pm — No meal service on Fridays. 101 E Market St. 610-696-8746
- West Chester Area School District: Free meals are distributed every Wednesday at Henderson High School from 11:00 am -1:00 pm and at the rear of Fugett Middle School (off of Paoli Pike) from 4:00 pm—6:00 pm. Meals are pre-packaged & include a choice of two entrees, fruit, vegetable, and milk. Contact Food Service Manager,
Clare DiSabatino at 484-266-3880 for alternative meal options regarding dietary concerns.
- The West Chester Food Cupboard: If you or anyone you know needs food, PLEASE remember the West Chester Food Cupboard. It is safe, friendly and easy and you will take home a lot of good food. We’re open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings from 8:30 to 11:30 at 431 South Bolmar Street.