Due to the new restrictions mandated by Gov. Wolf, The Melton Center is closed until January 4, 2021, for non-essential activities.
NA & AA will still take place but is limited to 10 people and you still follow the CDC guidelines:
- wearing a mask at all times while you are in the building
- washing your hands and using hand sanitizer
- signing in our log
- temperature check.
Thank you in advance of your full cooperation during these trying times.
Since 2012, the 92nd Street Y and its Belfer Center for Innovation and Social Impact had a simple idea; create a day that encourages people to do good.
It has grown into a movement, and the Tuesday following Thanksgiving has become a global day of giving known as GivingTuesday. Giving Tuesday inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. We understand that this year has been tough on everyone. However, there are plenty of ways to still support The Center this year!
- If you don’t already, please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The more people know about our work, the bigger impact we’ll have.
- We want to hear how The Center impacts your life. Please share on social why you’re a volunteer, what programs you enjoy, why you donate, or why you love the Center with the hashtag #mymeltoncenter.
- Leave us a review on Facebook, and Google.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news, events, and info about the Center. Then, encourage other people to sign up too.
- Designate the Melton Center as your charity of choice for AmazonSmile. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Melton Center. Learn more here.
- Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. While we currently have limited on-site opportunities, we welcome volunteer opportunities right now. Click here to apply.
- Make a donation of any size. Every donation makes a difference!
- Know of another way to help the center? Reach out to us today.
For over 100 years, the Melton Center has provided educational, recreational, social, cultural, and civic services for the greater West Chester community. As always, thank you for supporting the Center, and helping us change lives!
Greetings All Renters & Staff;
As of November 18, 2020, PA Secretary of Health has mandated Face covering for everyone inside & out. As a result, The Melton will follow the guidelines. All people who are inside the Melton Center will wear a face covering at all times. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please continue to social distancing, hand sanitizing, and washing your hands.
As far as gym activities in person limit of 25 include players, coaches, timekeepers. No spectators, no overflow in the hallway.
UPDATED ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH REQUIRING UNIVERSAL FACE COVERINGS
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a contagious disease that is spreading rapidly from person to person in the world, the United States, and this Commonwealth. COVID-19 can be transmitted from any person who is infected, even if they have no symptoms. Additionally, exposure is possible by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching one’s mouth, nose, or eyes. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
Older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions are at a higher risk for serious illness. Illness in children and young adults has become more common as the face of the pandemic continues to change. After a brief respite in the summer months, case counts and the number of hospitalizations have been rising throughout the Commonwealth, surrounding states, and the world. As of November 16, 2020, there have been 269,613 cases and 9,325 deaths in this Commonwealth caused by the still present and ongoing pandemic. The Commonwealth and the nation are seeing the highest number of reported cases since the pandemic was declared in January.
Section 2: Face Coverings Required Except as provided in Section 3, every individual, age two and older, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall wear a face covering when: A. Indoors or in an enclosed space, where another person or persons who are not members of the individual’s household are present in the same space, irrespective of physical distance. B. Outdoors with others who are not members of a person’s household and unable to maintain sustained physical distance. C. As permitted in my Order Directing Mitigation Measures, dated July 15, 2020, as amended, for participation in an indoor or outdoor event, gathering, or group setting where another person or persons, who are not members of the individual’s household are present. D. Participating in indoor physical activity in a gym, fitness center or group fitness classes, where another person or persons who are not members of the individual’s household are present in the same space, irrespective of physical distance.
Section 6. Effective Date and Enforcement Date This Order is effective on and enforcement will begin on November 18, 2020, 12:01 a.m.